The 21st century. It’s all lights, women, movies, drama, world corruption and drugs. Business and cooperate offices are run and managed by men and women who are less than moral. Our teenagers are living wild, reckless lives. Or it’s the opposite, sacrificing family life for careers, recreation, money, knowledge, and power-the “me life”. Teen pregnancies, abortions, rape, gang violence, alcoholism and drugs are part of the norm for the life of a teenager in our day and age. College is no different.
In today’s culture women like Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian, and successful business women are looked on as highly successful and are idolized by young girls. These women are popular with both men and women. Since people think so highly of them, of course everyone wants to be just like them. Girls want to be sexy and popular. The media portrays success to a woman as having a job, making money, leading a family, having smart successful children, having the perfect home, and having their husbands bless and serve them. Women are not content until they have this and more.
(Now, I know and fully understand that there are so many single moms and single girls who are without a family who need jobs and work. My mom had a full time job for 5 years after my dad was diagnosed with several brain disorders! She had to provide for a family of 9 by working for our small family run business alone. I know how hard it is, and how distressing it can be. So please don’t take it to heart or feel discouraged if you are a single provider with no husband to take care of you. God is our ultimate father and husband in the end. He will care for you and help you. Only by turning to Him can we find complete security and peace. )
So while girls are becoming “stronger” and more dominant men are becoming weaker and more feminine.
Sadly this is not just occurring in the secular societies but also in the church. Women are sometimes seen preaching from the pulpit, pastors don’t want to take sides in moral or governmental issues, there is no backbone to modern churches. Women gossip and point fingers in the church and churches are split. Youth groups are turning into church dates. Boys and girls go to hang out with their peers and flirt with each other.
This is the most disturbing to me. We are using God and using the church to get boyfriends and girlfriends; to send secret glances to a crush that say a lot more than “hello” and then wrap it with a “Christian” label because it’s just youth group! Girls dress like the celebrities they watch and boys get “in touch with their feminine side” by wearing girlish clothing.
So what happened to our country where just 60 years ago women were content to be beautiful and live at home and love their husbands and children? Where the men were manly and loved to be the leaders and entrepreneurs? Where churches were the influence to the world (rather than the other way around) and revivals sprung up throughout the country with preachers like Billy Gram, Charles Swindoll, Warren Wiersbe, Chuck Smith, and others?
Well to answer these questions in short I believe women lost the art and joy of homemaking.
They lost the vision their grandmothers had before the great wars. The ladies had to go to work to support their families. They watched their husbands dissipate into drugs and alcohol. They were told religion was wrong and that they could get rid of their babies if they wanted too. Women have been lied to in schools, through the media, their peers, their colleagues and even their embittered parents. The 1950’s school text books used to share the vision of home and happiness. Today, women are told this suppresses you and will make you unhappy.
So half of the reason why our country and children are failing, the reason why there are so many abortions, and the reason so many teenagers and young adults are lost and irresponsible is because women have left the heart of their homes. They’ve that something is better than the moral grounds which this country was based on and which their mothers were raised on. Why am I only blaming the women? Don’t the men have some involvement with the destruction which is at hand? Of course they do. But it starts at the home; with the mothers. Women train children, they feed them, they inspire, they are the source of information whom everyone turns to.
So what can we do? What is the solution to a corrupt world being overthrown by reckless women?
The women must return home. This is no easy solution but it is imperative. It’s crucial actually! They must return to the Christian morals that our foundation of this country was built upon. There is no other way. We must raise our children to love God, work hard, have integrity, and love our country.
Only then, will families be put back together, children stop dropping out of school, men embrace their manliness, and the governments finally run on strong moral values! Not until women embrace their calling as mothers, godly wives, homemakers and life givers will abortions stop, children grow into worthy generational thinkers, and divorces come to a halt.
But the women will not return home just like that, on a whim, on their own.
Most of them don’t even know what they are doing or what they are causing. They’ve been raise to believe the lies of today’s culture. So how and when will they return Home? Who will tell them? You can! Yes, you. And this isn’t one of those motivational “little old you can change the world with a small act” type deal. This is real. You and all the women in your church must get together, talk about our country, our citizens and discuss the real problem. Then you must be ambassadors for Gods Kingdom! You must be witnesses, examples, and role models to all the girls and young adults you meet or encounter.
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matt 5:14-16
The women and men of the church must take a stand once more; a stand for God, a stand for integrity, moral justice, and a stand for the rights of children. How will our next generation hold against the evil and trials that are coming if there are no righteous or godly historical values in them?
You might be asking “how can my church stand out?” I will tell you how to get started and point the right path which you should take, which has worked for my family and me.
- You must talk to your friends and family about this! Open up a discussion at dinner or at a friend’s house. If it is your desire to be a mother who raises a godly family and serves her husband the way Christ served the church then you must tell your peers this. It won’t be easy. It will be difficult. You might get criticized and embarrassed. But did not Jesus suffer in the same way for what He believed in?Tell your friends what your calling means to you and why you believe most Christian women should return to their homes and the lifestyle God has called them too. Don’t be afraid to let them know. MOST importantly tell your family this. Tell them your reasons and hopefully they will agree with you. If not, be an example to them. Let them see how God has called you and changed your lifestyle.
- Gather a group of friends at your church, maybe talk to your pastor and his wife. Tell them the same thing. Your beliefs and why God has called you to be a homemaker and wife and mother. Start a homemakers group! Have a once a month or once a week group and have coffee, go through a book, do activities/crafts, talk, minister and pray together. This should be very fun!My mom and I have started or gone to homemakers groups ever since I was very young. I’ve met so many young beautiful women with the same calling as my mom and I. Ask your church to announce it on Sundays and invite all the girls you know. For ideas on what to talk about or read about follow this link: Starting a Women’s Bible Study
By doing this you are encouraging your community to obey Gods calling for women. You will be making a huge impact on the world by sharing what Godly womanhood is with girls you know.
3. Be an EXAMPLE! You must set the example to your friends and family. Be loving, babysit children, bake, clean, share with others what you do at home-not by bragging but when talking about occupations or hobbies don’t be afraid to talk about what you do! And don’t be a faker! This is when a girl is doing all of the above to catch a husband or to look good. Be a homemaker to glorify God and not yourself! Do not engage in frivolous activities or be immature. Set the standard so that when people are around you they want to be mature and clever.
By following all of these steps God willing-you will have planted a seed, helped a future generation, saved a baby’s life, or brought several women home. The way to reach our nation and country is through your community and the women and friends in your church. The more women staying home AND speaking out about being homemakers the more will follow.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE!
To get started on your journey you have to have more wisdom than I can give you. By reading any of the following books your life will never be the same. After reading a few of these books I hope you will grasp the gravity of “godly womanhood in the 21st century” and follow the 3 steps I gave. Just try it! You won’t be disappointed. You will be persecuted, yes, but don’t despair!
“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you,
and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven,
for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Matt 5:11-12
Daughters Book List:
- Preparing to be a Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
- Joyfully at Home by Jasmine Baucham
- So Much More by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin
- It’s Not That Complicated by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin
- Seasons of a Mother’s Heart by Sally Clarckson
- Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacy McDonald
- True Womanhood published by Pearables
- Beautiful Girlhood revised by Karen Andreola
- Return of the Daughters (DVD)
- Way of Agape Nancy and Chuck Missler
For Mothers & Wives:
- Created to Be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
- The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
- Seasons of a Mothers Heart by Sally Clarkson
- Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey & Stacy McDonald
- The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer
- The Power of Motherhood by Nancy Campbell
- To Train Up a Child by Michael & Debi Pearl
- True Womanhood by Pearables
- A Mother’s Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother by Jean Fleming
All of these books can be found on Amamzon.com or on Christianbook.com
Thank you for reading and listening. Now you know the problem and how to try and fix it. Please help our future generation, help our country. Pray about it, seek God’s face and step up to accomplish what God has clearly called you to do.